Saturday, May 31, 2014

Memorial Day and Massages


Jenner and I had a great Memorial Day!  We started out by going to breakfast with some friends from the ward.  We just went to the IHOP down the street and had a great time eating french toast and chatting and such.  It's nice to have friends! :)

After breakfast, Jenner and I picked up our Pass of All Passes!  This was a fantastic deal - for $20, this pass gets us into Seven Peaks, bowling, mini golf, laser tagging, gymnastics meets, hockey games, plays, movies, and more.  It's crazy!  It's gonna be a fun summer! 


Because we had the pass, we decided to go to Seven Peaks, and it felt like a very summery thing to do.  Before we left, Jenner was all like, "Shouldn't you put on sunscreen?" and I was like "Probably, but I don't want to."  That turned out to be a big mistake.  We were only there for an hour, but we got sunburned pretty bad. We've been learning a lot about treating sunburns this week. Also, I just want to note that I went down the BIGGEST SCARIEST waterslide at Seven Peaks.  I was pretty scared, but I overcame my fears, and I DID IT.  We also used our pass to go miniature golfing this weekend.

On Friday night, Jenner and I got a massage.  We've had a groupon for forever (we meant to go on our honeymoon but it didn't work out), and we finally used it.  The massage was pretty darned fantastic!  I maybe even came away feeling TOO relaxed, because I was pretty much falling asleep on the way home.

Work has been a little stressful this week.  For one thing, a kid bit me.  And he bit me hard!  Fortunately it didn't break the skin or anything.  Lots of the kiddos are worked up and having a hard time, with the end of school coming and all.  There was one day where I barely got anything done on my list, and I was dealing with one crying kid after another.  But you know what, I love my kiddos.  I'm sure going to miss them over the summer.  And it's sad saying goodbye to my 5th graders who will be going to middle school next year.  I work with the best kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment