Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pirate ships and other happenings

It's been a pretty great week!  Things are winding down at work (mostly I have a TON of paperwork to do) and it's crazy that school ends so soon.  To be honest, I'm ready for it to be over.  I even took a day off this week!  And I not only took the day off, I REALLY took the day off.  I came home Monday night and said to Jenner, "Do you want to be spontaneous? Let's go to the Anniversary Inn tonight!"  And so we did.  They were having a special deal going on, so we stayed in one of the most expensive rooms, and it was so fun.  It was like a pirate ship!


This weekend Jenner and I also saw the new X-Men movie.  It wasn't "WOW, amazing!!", but it was enjoyable.  We also went to the temple, and I think we may be starting a new tradition - we've been stopping to get cookies every time after we go.  This week we went to Paradise Bakery and I introduced Jenner to their cookies...MMMMMMMMMMMM those cookies are my favorite! (And like 600 calories.)  Side note:  I also introduced Jenner to Panda Express this week.  

As you may know, Jenner and I were considering a job opportunity in Qatar (yes, we are crazy).  Unfortunately - or fortunately, however you want to look at it - I didn't get the offer.  So we're staying here for now!  And to tell you the truth, I'm so relieved.  And I am so so so excited to stay at my school for next year!  (Especially since a teacher just donated two La-Z-Boys to my room.  And I got a giant toy carrot.  Awesome!)

School story from this week:

I was trying to get the kiddos to ask questions to each other and be curious about other people.  So one kid asked me a question.

Kid 1: Mrs. Bate, why are you so beautiful?
Me: uh.....
Kid 2: Because she was born that way!

Haha I love those guys! :)


1 comment:

  1. How did I not know about this?! I'm so excited to start following your blog!
    p.s. You guys are cute!

    ReplyDelete