Sunday, March 15, 2015

Let's go on a trip....to Logan?

Angela and I had a free day so we decided that we were going to go for a short trip. We decided that we show go spend some time in Logan. It wasn't too far away that we had to do lots of traveling but it also wasn't somewhere that we were very familiar with.

I had wanted to go see at the Leonardo the traveling exhibit Body Worlds. Angela was very nice and said that we could go on our way up to Logan.  In the parking area outside of the Leonardo we meet a man that pleaded with us to give him some money so he could return home to Texas. I wasn't quite sure if the man was putting on a theatrical show because he was very emotional or whether he was genuine. You always hear stories of people pretending to be in need, but we decided to give him some money. At first, I felt like I had just been conned, but the more I thought about it the better I felt. I know that I had tried to do the right thing, and that was all that was important to me.

We went to the exhibit and right before we entered the worker told us to not use our cell phones in the exhibit out of respect to the donors. Angela had a mini freak out. She had no idea that the exhibit featured real bodies.  I enjoyed the exhibit because it was fascinating to see how cool the human body was. Angela felt a little nausea after, and also so did I because of the nature of the exhibits. We crossed off that our list and we were off to Logan! We stopped by the famous Maddox restaurant for dinner. I might be stoned for the next phrase - it was good, but I does not live up to it hype. It was just ok.  We arrived in Logan and stayed the night in a fun room. The next day we were able to go the Logan temple and just enjoy the day. It was a short little trip but we enjoyed the time to just get away for bit and enjoyed our time in a temple we had previously never been in.









No comments:

Post a Comment