Monday, March 23, 2015

March Musings


Well, I have been posting a lot recently. Why you may ask?



Because if we posted on a better regular basis than I wouldn't have to. It's my goal though to be a better blogger to all of our adoring fans! At this point it might just be grandma who is our blog fan but, we are working on branching out. One day we might just end up being blogging superstars! Probably not. If we are going to do that we really need to be funnier, talk about what is wrong with the world, be real celebrities or post something radical. Seeing how we like Disney, love Peanuts comics (well that might just be me), have no star power rankings or have not made it on the cover of Forbes, and the most radical thing I've done recently was get a gym pass ( I know!) I don't think we are going to be superstars. Well just not ones that we think we will be.

   

I never actually seen this movie or the skit...I know the reference. That kinda counts for something right?


What was I saying? I don't remember. So, recently a Trader Joes opened up nearby. Now we have been to Trader Joes before but having so close is really quite awesome. That means I never have to run out of cookie butter. We tried these frozen croissants with this almond filling. They were amazing. I would highly recommend them. 



Here is my face waiting for these delicious babies to rise


This month we have had some other fun outings. We went a concert with the Mormon Tabernacel Choir with guests Santino Fontana, Sylvia McNair, and the U.S. Air Force Singing Sergeants. The concert was the capstone of a week long choir directors conference that was in Salt Lake. We really enjoyed the performance. Santino is very charismatic and has a great voice. Check out him singing this Happy Medley! Its very fun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oajv4N6qwA  McNair had a great voice but every song she sung was woeful and depressing. It would have been nice to see some different tones of song from her. We enjoyed it and I was able to get my family tickets too so we enjoyed being with them. 

  


Angela's dad has been very busy because he recently opened an exhibit of his work with origami at the BYU Museum of Art. He has been doing research on how to use origami in engineering, but particularly in using origami designs to be used in space. He gave a lecture at the Orem Library to kick off a weekly lecture series of science. It was very interesting to learn more about his research, and how it is being used. The possibilities of using origami designs are endless. Check out his award winning video http://news.byu.edu/archive15-feb-origamiengineering.asp





No comments:

Post a Comment